Sunday, March 2, 2014

Announcing: The First Ever Crafty Jewish Quilter Swap 2014



When I posted photos of some of my works-in-progress over the Thansgivmukkah holidays, I was truly surprised by the great response to my projects.    I didn't realize how many members of "the tribe" are in my circles.






Thus, I am creating the first ever  
Crafty Jewish Quilter Swap 2014!  
And just time for Passover 2014. which begins on April 12 this year. I'm asking crafters and quilter who want to join in to make a fabric item that reflects a Jewish holiday and can be used to decorate a holiday table or serve a function in making a holiday meal.  Some items that would be appropriate are:

    • potholder
    • oven mitt
    •  table runner
    • set of napkins
    • wine coasters
    • casserole cover
    • matzoh cover
    • seder plate mat
I found some great ideas on two sites you may find helpful if you are stumped for an idea.  One is Joyful Jewish and the other is SewJewish.
Sew....let's get creative!!

It's simple. Submit your  name, email address, blog (if you have one) to participate by March 9, 2014.
Each crafty-quilter will be randomly * paired with another participant.  Be sure to mail your swap item in time for arrival before Passover begins on April 12, 2014!
Send your info to me at petaquilts@gmail.com, or leave it in the comments below.

Rules (suggestions)
  • Be creative!!
  • Keep costs below $20
  • Please mail your swap on time so this it arrives by April 12!


And, by "randomly" I mean: tossing the crumpled up names on the floor and letting the dogs pick the pairs!



2 comments: